Repeated Vacancy Announcement for the position of:
Media Analyst, Moldova EOM Local Elections 2023
Closing date/time: 18 September, 23:59 (CET)
In order to apply for this position, please note that you must register in the ENEMO Database (https://db.enemo.org/register). Applications from candidates which are not registered in the Database shall not be considered.
If you are already registered, please ensure that your profile is up to date by signing into your Profile (https://db.enemo.org/login).
In order to apply for this specific position, please additionally send us your CV and application form at the following address: email@example.com
Responsible to: Head of Mission
Job summary: Monitors and assesses the performance of the private and public electronic and print media as well as social media during the election process in line with international standards for democratic elections and national legislation.
● Creates and maintains database of local and international media ;
● Observes work of local and international media: visits editorial staff of newspapers and electronic media; examine newspapers and TV/radio broadcasts;
● Monitors social media in line with ENEMO's methodology and assesses the digital media environment;
● Is responsible for preparing a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the activities and content of the electronic and print media during the election process;
● Assesses the extent to which parties and candidates have unimpeded access to the media and are not discriminated against in gaining this access, in accordance with international standards;
● Monitors whether the media, and state or public media in particular, meet their responsibilities to provide balanced and neutral coverage of the electoral process;
● Considers the media environment and the extent to which media are able to work freely;
● Assesses whether the media provide sufficient, balanced and diverse information to enable voters to make a well-informed choice;
● Analyzes relevant media legislation, the regulatory framework for the media during elections, the work of regulatory bodies and any media-related election complaints.
● Maintains regular communication with the Head of Department for Democracy and Elections within the CEO and provides election updates upon request.
The applicant must meet two out of three mentioned requirements in order to be considered for an interview.
● BA or MSc/MA, LLM. Preference shall be given to graduates in Social Science, Political Science, Law, Media, Communication Computer Science.
● 4 years of relevant professional work experience with some experience in monitoring the conduct of all types of media during election processes, especially social media monitoring.
● Experience with at least 3 domestic/international election observation missions (ENEMO, OSCE or other).
● Good knowledge of election legislation of the countries in the region and the members of ENEMO, as well as full understanding of the international observation standards
● Good interpersonal and communication skills
● Good computer skills
● Fluent knowledge of English language
● Ability to work having irregular working hours and to work under pressure, as well as to work as member of the team and independently if needed
● A reference list with two contacts which may confirm necessary election-monitoring experience may be asked to be delivered.
Preferred but not obligatory:
● Knowledge of the language of the host country
● Experience of work in the host country
Please bear in mind that the deployment of the mission and its scale is still under discussion with our main donors.
ENEMO is obliged to reserve the right at any time to cancel this call or the mission or to modify the conditions and/or dates of potential deployment.
Moldovan citizens are not allowed to apply for this mission.