The ENEMO seeks an experienced Head of Democracy and Elections Department to lead and manage the Department for Democracy and Elections while advancing ENEMO’s goals. This person will be responsible for defining strategies on election related issues and planning of international election observation missions (IEOMs) of ENEMO in cooperation with the Executive Director, along with managing program staff and donor accountability when it comes to related projects.
The European Network of Election Monitoring Organizations (ENEMO) is an international network of 22 leading non-profit, non-partisan and non-governmental organizations from 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia, including three European Union countries, founded on September 29, 2001.
ENEMO seeks to promote civil society organizations’ involvement in societies with democracies in transition and other non-democratic forms of governing, towards improvement of electoral processes, greater transparency of the governments and their accountability to the citizens, and respect of basic human rights and freedoms. To achieve this aim, ENEMO works independently or in cooperation with its members.
Main duties for the position:
- Advising and assisting ENEMO Executive Director and Governing Board members with defining priorities on election-related issues;
- Shaping and implementing ENEMO's strategies with regards to election-related issues;
- Assisting the Executive Director and CEO in implementing and managing projects, along with program staff, specifically Program Officers and Program Assistants;
- Works in cooperation with the Executive Director for fundraising purposes;
- Planning and directing activities of ENEMO when it comes to mission planning, proposal writing and reporting;
- Proposing, planning and assisting in deploying and implementing IEOMs and other election-related activities;
- Proposing, planning and directing electoral technical assistance projects and activities;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key partners and relevant organizations, including ENEMO members;
- Representing the Office at international conferences and meetings;
- Performing other duties as required.
In order to be eligible, the candidates for the position must meet the following criteria:
- MSc/MA, LLM or PhD in Political Science, Social Science, Law or Statistics.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in project management, preferably in NGOs and international organizations;
- Has specific electoral expertise and extensive experience within international election observation missions;
- Has experience in managing large scale grants, preferably USG and/or EU funded projects
- Has evidenced managerial skills and experience managing teams
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Analytics and reporting skills;
- Good interpersonal and excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as conflict resolution skills and risk management skills;
- Demonstrates willingness to work in a team, regardless of different cultural and religious backgrounds, sexual orientation, etc.
- Works under pressure and short deadlines;
- Fluent knowledge of English language;
Please send your application to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 05 October 2022, 2PM (Brussels Time) and include:
- CV (including the contacts of three recommendators)
- Scan of diplomas
All documentation, except scans of original diplomas, should be in English.
Applications received after 05 October, 2PM will not be considered.